Below you will find my version with some changes.  However, I've pointed out
some other versions that were superior to mine.  When I tried to mix them I
got all mixed up.  To do these two exercises, you may use any of the
statements below. Modify their use to:

1.        Toss a pair of dice a million times and produce a frequency
distribution of the sums. This a simulation and there will be no graphic
images of the results.

2.       Image a large bucket with 100 dice of each of the five Platonic
Solids. Each die is numbered from 1 with consecutive counting numbers.
Simulate the result and summarize your results in a frequency distribution
of the dice are all tosses from the bucket 200 times.

Here are the expression you may choose from along with J symbols.  Make your
expressions as simple as possible.  (I think Ric, Kip and Henry should just
watch and maybe referee if needed.)

d1=:'    o    '

d2=:'o       o'

d3=:'o   o   o'

d4=:'o o   o o'

d5=:'o o o o o'

d6=:'o oo oo o'

d=:6 9$d1,d2,d3,d4,d5,d6

dice=:(<"2)3 3$"1 d

dice

s=: 13 :'c=:1+?2 10$y'

toss=: 13 :'(<"2)3 3$"1(<:s y){d'

toss 6

toss=: 13 :'(<"2)3 3$"1(<:s y){d'

t=: 13 :'+/"2 y'

fd=: [: /:~ ~. ,. [: +/"1 =

dice

toss 6

t c

fd t c

toss 6

t c

fd t c

toss 4

t c

fd t c

assert 0 0 3 3 3 3 = 4!:0 ;:'dice c s t toss fd'

NB. dice is a graphic image of the faces of a die

NB. c captures the data from an array of random rolls of the dice

NB. s is the shape and s y allows for different dice

NB. t is a list of totals for each of the tosses

NB. fd is a frequency distribution of data in a list