It is said before and I say it again: (well formulated) J looks a lot like
poetry.
Advantage of J (over poetry) is: it can be parsed and from that the aim (and
method) of the writer can be discovered.
Besides that, it is not so much the way of using J, it's more the ability to
think array-wise that determines the solution.
Prerequisite of course is some knowledge of J, such as not confusing a dyad
verb with the monad verb which uses the same symbol (like 'key' and
'oblique').

R.E. Boss