On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, at 11:09, anya...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, colleagues!
> I setup and configured Alertmanager for getting email notifications, but all
> of my alerts about different environments are gathered in one email and
> sorted by alphabetical order by job_name. In test environment there are
> approx. 250 alerts in one email. It doesn't work for urgents reaction.
> Prometheus rules have 3 rules per 1 env. Now I'm testing 7 envs.

It's not useful to have 250 alerts firing at once in testing or in a real
outage. You need to find something less noisy to alert on.

As an example, if you have a fleet of 100 servers, you might want to send a
single alert if more than 10 of them are down; then use a dashboard to figure
out which ones (and why).

As others have mentioned you'll also want to group your alerts; at the very
least separate them by environment.

--
Harald