Hello community,
I have a telemetry system that sends data into Prometheus when the data
changes (i.e. its a push-on-event mechanism, not a sample/interval push)
That means, if a system is stable, then the last reported value can be
reported quite some time back.

Let's say this metric is called "my_metric", how do I get its last reported
value without specifying manually the timeframe to look back?
So far I come up with the following query:

my_metric{label="value"}[100y]

Is this the only way to get the last value of a series, or maybe there is
another alternative?