Jason,
 I figured you might be offended, I will be glad to look at or help you in
any way I can by examining your file. Seriously, I am not trying to defend
Protel, some of you will recall I was one of the first to use some very
harsh language when 99 was released with lots of bugs.  I even returned it
to Protel and they gave me a full refund!   99SE with SP6 is a solid (very
rarely crashes)  program loaded with features found in more expensive
programs. (Again, I speak for the PCB package only)  Polygon pours should
take seconds at most. You have to be doing something wrong, please take no
offense.  I will extend my olive branch and ask you to send me any file so I
can take a look at off the forum. I will be glad to offer you my assistance,
as I look for the challenge.

Regards
Mike Reagan
EDSI Frederick