At 09:46 PM 19/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>At 08:49 AM 11/20/01 +1100, Ian Wilson wrote:
>>If the board is incomplete, and the netlist from the sch is required,
>>then it is a little more complex, but still do-able.
>
>If the board has all the footprints, i.e., there is a pad for every node
>in the net list, it is simple to load the netlist, globally edit all the
>comments to something innocuous, then dump the net list. It will not
>contain any of the original part type information, just reference
>designators, footprints, and nets.
>
>(This is Design/NetlistManager/Menu/....
>I forget the exact name, but it is *not* the command that generates a net
>list from connected copper. It is the other one, that just dumps what is
>loaded into all the pads.)

Design/NetlistManager/Menu/Create Netlist from Connected Copper

But this will include the names of the nets.  My detailed instructions were
largely based on the requirement that the net names needed to be obfuscated
as, is common with a clear schematic, the net names themselves may carry
significant IP.  To mask all the possible IP from the PCB it is necessary
to remove the net names and substitute generic netlister/synchroniser
allocated names.

The netlist is necessary in some circumstances as the
bug/problem/issue/feature being demonstrated may require a netlist.  In the
case of a completed board the netlist can be generated from the copper as
per the above command sequence.  This is not the case in an incomplete
board - to be more specific - in a board that is not fully routed.

Bye for now,
Ian Wilson