From: Brian Sherer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 1:52 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] 3D warning

Tim, in my experience DXF problems with splines and arcs seem
to be import round-off errors.

I've had some luck in regenerating the complex curve by manually re-entering
the arcs by opening the original file in Autocad while the imported file is
open
in Protel, then editing the arcs one by one in Protel to match the exact
Center,
Radius, Start Angle and End Angle of each arc in the original ACAD boundary.

Entering the exact numbers reported by ACAD for each arc seems to give
Protel enough data to "connect the dots" with sufficient accuracy to force a
continuous curve or spline.

Pretty tedious, but it's worked in all the instances I've tried it on.

Brian