At 06:05 AM 6/6/2002 -0700, Mira wrote:

>I just tried to debugg a board, which schematic was in
>Protel and the net names were RESET and RESET_. [...]
>Due to the way the net labels are attached to the wire
>in Protel, the underscore overlaps the wire and hardly
>could be seen. That was what I meant.

Good reason to not use underscore as a negation symbol in a net name. But I
think the suggestion had been to use a hyphen (or minus, same thing). This
would not suffer from that overlap problem. I personally prefer the use of
an asterisk, because of the sorting; otherwise I'd go for the slash prefix
or the bar over (i.e., backslash in Protel)