Is it possible that they somehow manage to get around the 64K resource
limits of Win98/SE/ME?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Karavidas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 11:36 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Protel under Win4Lin (WAS OpenOffice & 3D CAD)

Well that's just ridiculous. The router's ability to complete a board has
nothing to do with the OS except for when you bump up against memory
limitations (which is fairly unlikely in your system) The autorouter code is
an encapsulated function, and besides, you are still running Win98SE, it's
just wrapped up in Linux. The memory management for the app is still the
same; it's calling Windows services for everything, not linux. The linux
memory services only help YOU when the Win98SE barfs. Instead of your
machine coming down, only a controllable piece of Linux is brought down
which can be successfully managed by Linux.

* Tracking #: 007E4338ADEEA046A6B1DAEBB25B2CA50C719889