Kenton,

well, I checked this over and over again and I really think I did make
sure. I also checked the linker settings for all other libs I link
against and they are all set to Debug. Also, this is the same build
environment I used with 2.0.3. where it did work. On the other hand,
it's Microsoft so you can never be really sure what's going on.
Anyway, is there any other possible explanation for said crashes?

Cheers,

Stephan