On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:04:31AM -0500, Ted Ross wrote:
> Phil,
>
> The only shared-object in that list that is a proper "library" is
> libqpid-proton.so.  The others are extension modules for their
> various scripting languages.  I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that
> the naming conventions are dictated by the scripting language's
> extension mechanisms.

That's true. The Ruby VM requires the name for a native extension
library has to match the name of the extension, and also the
initialization entry point in the library; i.e., in order to do a
"require 'qpid_proton'" we need a file named "qpid_proton.so" that has
an method named "Init_qpid_proton" inside.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/