On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 07:58:10PM +0000, Phil Harvey wrote:
> Thanks for the responses guys. That all makes sense.
>
> The only change that I'd propose is therefore that the Perl and Java
> bindings:
>
> bindings/perl/libcproton_perl.so bindings/java/libproton-swig.so
>
> ... should both be renamed to libcproton.so.
>
> Compared to the other bindings, it seems inconsistent for the former to
> state its Perl-ness in its name, and for the latter to state its Swig-ness.
>
> Thoughts?

Negative on Perl.

The raw Perl extension is named "cproton_perl" because otherwise Cmake
fails. That's because we already have a target named "cproton" and
changing Perl to that will cause a name collision.

And, anyway, the output of Cmake isn't used to distribution the Perl
language bindings. Those are distributed as the perl.i file,
Makefile.PL, various license and doc files, and the qpid::proton
namespace classes. When that's installed, a proper library is generated
for Perl to use.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/