> However I don't see a reason for Nicks patch. If you need to check the 4th
> digit of version number due to compatibility issues then we have an
> issue....
>
> .: Fabian

A lot of questions on irc #prototype relate to people not using the
correct version of prototype/scriptaculous together. Even though
Scriptaculous packs the latest build of Prototype, not everyone uses
that one. So informing them to upgrade for everything to work
correctly is important.

Another example is that in some of my extensions I require 1.6.0.2 to
get document.viewport.getDimensions to work correctly.

The 4 digit releases are just as important.