> I really don't know how to submit a
> bug, or how to compile prototype. So if you want you can submit this
> yourself ...

Valentin, I'm not on the core team (or any Prototype team, although I
help moderate the user's discussion group), so I think I can say
this:  It's all very well complaining about bugs (in fact, hijacking
other peoples' threads to talk about your pet bugs), but that's not
constructive.  You don't know how to submit a bug report?  How hard
did you try to find out?  Because from http://prototypejs.org, there's
this big tempting link labelled "Contribute" saying "Submit patches
and report bugs" under it.  Gosh.  And lo!, if you follow that link
and it tells you exactly what you do to submit a bug report, complete
with links and instructions.  How hard was that?  Sure, it'll take a
few minutes, but then again so did posting to this thread.

I'm not trying to be unkind, but c'mon, *everyone* working on
Prototype is a volunteer.  They're donating their time and we're
getting the benefit of their efforts.  Telling them to file your bug
reports for you is seriously uncool.  Take ten minutes and file your
own report; they've sure as heck saved you more than ten minutes with
their code.  I'd rather the core team and contributors spent their
time doing something more constructive -- like, you know, fixing the
problems people take the time to report properly.  Which, curiously,
they do.
--
T.J. Crowder
tj / crowder software / com