Weighing in again, decades after starting the thread.

First, I'm fine with calling it Function.IDENTITY instead of Function.K.

On Sep 25, 2009, at 1:26 AM, T.J. Crowder wrote:

> Make sense.  Shouldn't that be Function.empty and Function.k, though,
> to follow our naming rules?  And perhaps Function.k should have a more
> meaningful name.

I'm very much in favor of all-caps, or at least initial caps, to
indicate that these are constants. We don't do this consistently in
the framework so far, but I'd like it to match stuff like
Event.KEY_ESC. I think the capitalization will also help distinguish
it from String#empty and Array#empty, as was mentioned elsewhere.
(Aside: I'm also in favor of renaming those methods to `isEmpty` for
2.0.)

What do people think about the capitalization?

Cheers,
Andrew