During a recent reconfiguration I moved an external scsi tape
drive from one server to another. After the move I performed
a clean install of 8.0 on the system where the scsi tape was
originally installed. Since then I recieve lots of messages
such as:

kernel: scsi0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x7
kernel: scsi0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
kernel: scsi0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x7
kernel: scsi0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
kernel: scsi0: PCI error Interrupt at seqaddr = 0x9
kernel: scsi0: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase

I suspect this is because the scsi card no longer has
anything attached and is picking up noise. For reasons of
laziness and because I would have to disconnect two system
to access this computer I would prefer not to pull the
scsi card.

Surely there must be a way to disable it from the software?

I tried disabling it in the BIOS but the system loaded it anyway.

Suggestions appreciated.