while booting... do CTRL-A ... and reset the card back to default settings... it probably has some custom setting for the tape drive that is causing termination issues .. it appears to be trying to WRITE to some devices on scsi0, so appearantly the card is still in use... I bet it doesnt have auto-termination turned on (to terminate the outside scsi port)

Tommy