> At 08:47 PM 1/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >Interesting...perhaps it's the KVM switch that I use then...
> >
> >Craig
>
> I gave up trying to get linux to recognize the wheel through my kvm
> device
> (both at home and at work).  It works fine on the windows boxes
> connected through the kvms, but not on the linux boxes.  I finally
> gave up and connected a mouse direct to the linux box.  Scrolls just
> fine that way.  I've heard that some kvm's work with the wheel...
> and some don't.

I use an OmniView SE KVN on both win2k and RH8 without problems. The KVN
requires an external power supply (ac adapter). I have used KVNs that used
internal power via the KB/Mouse and have had similar difficulties.
Consequently, I never use anything other than a KVN with external power
supply.

--
  Mike.