On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 18:58, Doug Brucks wrote:
> At 08:47 PM 1/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >Interesting...perhaps it's the KVM switch that I use then...
> >
> >Craig
>
> I gave up trying to get linux to recognize the wheel through my kvm device
> (both at home and at work).  It works fine on the windows boxes connected
> through the kvms, but not on the linux boxes.  I finally gave up and
> connected a mouse direct to the linux box.  Scrolls just fine that
> way.  I've heard that some kvm's work with the wheel... and some don't.
> > Doug

----
I had given up a long time ago because I really didn't care enough to
figure it out BUT this thread got me thinking about it.

Turned out that I got it to work finally...I had 2 mice configured in
/etc/X11/XF86Config   Mouse0 & DevInputMice. I commented out the latter
throughout and restarted X and it now works. Not important but wanted to
let you know that if you look at it, the answer is quite possibly in
front of you.

Craig