Hi ronald,
On Feb 28, 2011, at 10:23 AM, RvR wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why I cannot cut or copy a selected range on an
> audiotrack? I can cut or copy when selecting the whole range with command+a.

In order to cut, copy or paste audio, there needs to be an insertion point
within a visible track. A sighted person would click with the selector Tool or
grabber Tool. Scrubbing or shuttling within a track automatically creates an
insertion point. So, if you have a control surface with a scrub/shuttle wheel,
simply scrub or shuttle momentarily and then proceed with selecting audio for
editing. If an insertion point isn't created, the range specified for editing
simply highlights the ruler without selecting any audio.

> Is an edit selection something different than a record or play selection?

It can be, if the Edit and Timeline aren't linked. For 99 percent of users,
there's no need to unlink the edit and Timeline. Make sure it's linked. Under
the Options menu you'll see an item for that and it should be checked.

> And I wonder if the inserteon function with arrow down and up should be
> working always? Cause it doesn't seem to work here.

It does work all the time but, again, one must have an insertion point within a
track for it to work for editing. Otherwise, all you're doing by using down
arrow and up arrow is making a selection in the ruler. Scrub or shuttle first
and then the arrows will make selections within the track and you can edit.

> Also got mixed results with the numpad keys slash to enter ragnes. Sometimes
> the star key seems to do the trick though.

The asterisk key will highlight the Main counter parameter. since Edit and
Timeline are linked, entering a value for the Main counter automatically enters
that same value in the Start field. Make sure that when you're entering values
in Start and End, you press Enter on the num pad to complete the selection
process. Same thing applies to just entering a Main counter value. Press
Asterisk, enter the value and press enter on the Num pad.

Hope that helps,