Firewire devices usually have two firewire ports. Use one to connect
the unit to the computer,  the other is so u can connect another
firewire device the computer that passes through the MBOX. That way if
you computer  only has one firewire port like most moderm macs, you
can still use more than one firewire devices. It doesn't matter which
is used for which, just  connect any of the two to the computer  and
any other firewire devices to the other port, and so on and so on down
the line.