Firewire 800 should be  backwards compatible. The macs all now have
firewire 800 ports and a firewire 800 to 400 cable does the trick. or
a fire wire 400 cable with a  400 to 800 adapter works as well.The
MBox has 2  firewire 400 ports. Your model of mac will determine how
many and which port it has.