Slau, as I said I don't think it can do any harm to extend a hand of
friendship to them now. Then they at least know of us and know that we
struggle with some accessibility things. They might just mention us or
something about accessibility to someone at Avid over a lunch meeting
or in passing. This might make Avid realise that the main streem
comunity is aware of us and that they are actually supporting us. In
the future if we need their help, we can still outright ask if they
will be able to help us with perswasive power at Avid, I'm sure they
won't just do it out of their own but they will be willing to help
where they can if asked.