Hi Krister,

A MIDI controller won't be anywhere near as effective as a control surface. If
you plan to do any mixing whatsoever, it's not feasible to try doing automation
with one track at time. If you'll need to mix several tracks, a control surface
is indispensable. You'll be able to work far more efficiently using a surface
to quickly mute, unmute, solo tracks, quickly change multiple track volumes,
etc.

Slau