Do they still make the JL cooper?
I've ehard of it before, any specific model number?

-----Original Message-----
From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Slau Halatyn
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:40 PM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Good control surfaces

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the list. Glad to have you here.

Yes, the MCS3800 is a nice surface and could probably be found on the used
market for a low price. I'd probably stay away from the CS10 because it
doesn't have moving faders and, while it's OK for a sighted user, I think
the touch-sensitive 3800 is much more effective. Thanks for reminded us of
the JL Cooper stuff.

Cheers,

Slau

On Jan 27, 2013, at 8:25 PM, Katie Zodrow wrote:

> Hi, Jed and everyone else on the list. My name is Katie Zodrow.
> I've used the JL Cooper CS10 and the MCS3800 control surfaces with
ProTools in the past. I think I used the CS 10 when I took a ProTools class
9 years ago at Berklee College of Music in Boston. I graduated from there in
May of 2004. In 2006 for about a year, I was a phone reservation agent at
the Mariot call center booking their hotels. From 2007 to December last
year, I worked at a call center for Walt Disney Travel company booking
reservations and travel packages for the Disneyland resort over the phone. I
quit my job in December at Disney because after 5 years there, I wasn't
being challenged enough and doing travel reservations  wasn't what I was
passionate about. I feel like I'm definitely more passionate about doing
something with music or digital audio recording. So I want to go back and
work in the music industry either at a recording studio doing video
description or go into piano tuning. Its been about 9 years since I've used
the Mac and ProTools and I'm excited to get started! Right now, I'm
currently renting a  Mac with OS 10.6 for a few months and am working on
learning to use  Voiceover. I will be learning ProTools after this, so I'm
pretty much new to  this again with OS 10.