Hi Nick,

You referred to Lion in your message but I'm assuming you meant Mountain Lion.
Pro Tools 10.3.6 is the first Mavericks compatible version and it most
definitely works with Mountain Lion as well so 10.3.8 will also work with both
ML and Mavericks.

You can definitely import a 10.3.8 session into version 11 for off-line
bouncing and, as you already noted, providing you're not using plug-ins in
version 10 that are not yet available in version 11, you'll be able to bounce
off-line. Of course, even if plug-ins are missing, Pro Tools will simply bounce
them anyway only without the processing of those missing plug-ins.

Slau