Here are my thoughts on the Artist series. This is my 2 cents, and everyone's
workflow is different. Your mileage may very.

I trained 2 clients on the artist series and didn't like them for a few reasons.

1. Design:
I don't like the fact that connecting 2 devices, IE, the fader pack or
transport control requires a power brick for each.
They could have developed a power passthrough system where an interconnected
cable from the main fader pack to the accessory could have powered it.
Plus, the transport doesn't have any motors in it. There should be no need for
a brick.
They should give you the option to power the device from the wall or
interconnect it. For example, if you only want to use the transport controller,
you could plug it into the wall. If you are using it with the main fader pack,
you should have the option to interconnect.

2. Networking.
I didn't like the fact that a network switch was required just to get both of
these machines up and running.
I understand that many studios run on networked machines and this is the ideal
setup for that. However, I wish they would have shipped with a USB port on each
of them for those of us who didn't want to use ethernet.
Also, they could have developed some interconnect method so that both devices
could be connected together via an ethernet cable. I do understand that each
device needs a separate IP Address. How hard is it to insert a second ethernet
jack with the ability to act as a 1 port switch?
3. Eucon Control Panel.
While this is fully accessible and easy to use, I didn't like the idea of a
separate program having to run just to get these devices to work.
Pro Tools is a platform built on an industry whose sole aim in life when trying
to record is remaining streamlined. Any variable that is introduced into the
system has the potential to destabilize it.
In short, this should have been further integrated into Pro Tools.
I load the control panel if I want to make changes to button assignments. I
shouldn't have to keep it loaded for the controllers to work.
I've seen these eucon control applications crash a bunch, even on the sweet
water machine when it was being demonstrated.

Again, this is my 2 cents. I like things streamlined, somewhat mobile. These
devices are built incredibly streamlined and mobile, however, the methods for
connecting them to power and each other are not so much.

Hope this helps.

Kevin