FYI: not true...

Before kicking the Avid products, one needs to own and work with it
for a while, and the future is far reaching beyond the project studio
using the EuCon protocol.  The Mackie Control protocol and HUI
protocol have a finite life expectancy and are slowly being fazed out
in the industry.

For what is't worth...