If you are selecting an odd number of bars then you may be losing two ticks in
the measure when you re paste if that makes sense.

-----Original Message-----
From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
peter
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:15 AM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: some weirdness

Hi listers,

I'm getting some weirdness when editing a midi or instrument track, maybe I
miss something, but don't know what. :)

I've a very simple drum pattern in 1/4. Hi-hat on every beat and basedrum on 1
and 3, snare on 2 and 4.
Let's say, I have 10 bars. When I make the following selection from some bars,
copy and paste it at the end.
I'm missing my first beat of the bar.

Here is what I've done briefly.
I would use the 2 or 3 on the num pad to line you up at the beginning of the
selection moving bar by bar until you're at the beginning and then I would go
and copy the selection, 4 or 8 bars or whatever and then say if you copied 4
bars I would use 3 on the num pad and press it four times and then hit paste.
Of course if you want to paste it repeatedly then you use paste till end of
selection. Remember, if you copy an odd number of bars like ten then you may to
consider that you may be losing two ticks of the measure when you re paste the
selection if that makes sense. HTH
the start main counter to 4.1 (4th bar beat 1) Se selelection length to 4 (4
bars) do copy go to the bar whithout drums to the 1th beat and do paste

Or go to the begin of my session and do paste.

I lost my first beat, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kind regards,

Peter