Hi,

I'm trying to build an application with PtII that can:
1- read audio files
2- extract raw information (ie. amplitude) to control something else (like, say, the intensity of a light or the saturation of a video)
3- play the file

I can do (1) and (2) pretty easily with the AudioReader actor BUT if I plug it into the AudioPlayer the sound output is really poor. Even with this very simple app (AudioReader -> AudioPlayer) I can hear "clicks" indicating a poor latency (and unacceptable for a media application).

Christopher pointed out a long time ago that the C codegen facility had an interface to Simple DirectMedia Layer. Could that be a solution? What about JMF?

--
J. S. Senécal
http://drone.ws