Hi Ian,

Ptolemy Classic 0.7.2devel dates from 1999 or 2000.  This is basically
ancient history.

http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyclassic/pt0.7.2/
says:
"The VHDL domain is basically untested - We had to upgrade Synopsys, so
it likely broke the VHDL domain."

So, it is very unlikely that anything in Ptolemy Classic that involves
Synopsys will work.

In Ptolemy Classic 0.7.2Devel, the VHDLB and VHDL codegen demos are
available under "Older CG Domains" at the bottom.  To enter this
palette, move the mouse over the "Older CG Domains" icon and type a
'i'.  This will open the palette.  I was able to navigate to the
registerGalDemo and run it by hitting the 'R' key.

Note that Ptolemy Classic has a very old UI that is based on Octools.
This UI was cutting edge in 1989.  There is no menu bar.  In general,
one moves the mouse over objects in the window and types letter
commands.

_Christopher

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
Chess Executive Director                      US Mail: 337 Cory Hall #1774
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718             (office: 400A Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480

--------

    I want to run VHDL code generation demos mentioned in "Ptolemy 0.7 User's M
   anual". I built Ptolemy classic 0.7.2devel from the latest source according
   to "Ptolemy Windows XP Installation"(http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cxh/p
   tpub/nt/ptxpinstall.html). But after starting *pigi*, no VHDL code generatio
   n domain was found in the top-level demo directory.
    Is any special configuration needed to install the VHDL domain? Any suggest
   ion is appreciated!
    btw: My building was not fully according to "Ptolemy Windows XP Installatio
   n", because *make ntbuild* was not able to work properly. However I had Ptol
   emy installed finally by running *make install* in all related subdirectorie
   s .

    Best wishes!