Hi Christopher!

Thanks for your reply!

>In Ptolemy Classic 0.7.2Devel, the VHDLB and VHDL codegen demos are
>available under "Older CG Domains" at the bottom.  To enter this
>palette, move the mouse over the "Older CG Domains" icon and type a
>'i'.  This will open the palette.  I was able to navigate to the
>registerGalDemo and run it by hitting the 'R' key.

When I tried to enter the "Older CG Domains" palette, a new window poped out
with the following info:

Error: octOpenRelative:
'$PTOLEMY/demo/older.pal:schematic:contesnts;' doesn't exist

Then I checked my '$PTOLEMY/demo/older.pal', and found that "contesnts" didn't
really exist. Here is the details:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/src/ptolemy/demo/older.pal
$ ls -R
.:
CVS  schematic

./CVS:
Entries  Repository  Root

./schematic:
CVS  interface;

./schematic/CVS:
Entries  Repository  Root

Does this imply that there is sth. wrong with my installation?

btw: I was able to run the butterfly demo and got butterfly.c correctly.