Hi Avneet,
This bug was fixed between Ptolemy II 6.0.2 and Ptolemy II 7.0.1.
I was able to replicate the bug in Ptolemy II 6.0.2 and not able to
replicate it in Ptolemy II 7.0.1.  I remember fixing a similar bug
between the two releases.

Let me know if you can replicate the bug in Ptolemy II 7.0.1.

_Christopher

Avneet KAPOOR wrote:
Hi,
I am using PtolemyII 6.0.2. I am facing a caching of changes issue while
discarding the changes done in a model which is saved in a path having
spaces in between.

For example :
1) Create a model model.xml in "New Folder" (eg: c:/New Folder/model.xml)
2) make some changes in the c:/New Folder/model.xml
3) Close the c:/New Folder/model.xml.
4) Click on "Discard changes" when promted
5) Re-open the c:/New Folder/model.xml
6) Despite I discarded the changes, the changes are reflected.

This problem arises when the model is saved in a folder having spaces in
between its path. In case I rename the folder to NewFolder then the problem
doesn't appear.

Even if I overwrite the c:/New Folder/model.xml with another model.xml, then
also on re-opening I face this issue.

Regards,
Avneet Kapoor

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
Chess Executive Director                      US Mail: 337 Cory Hall
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
ph: 510.643.9841 fax: 510.642.2718            (office: 400A Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480