Hi Tristan,
I usually run "make install" instead of "make jars".
I just updated ptII/makefile and ptII/ptolemy/makefile, but it looks like there are still problems with gt:

-- JAR entry ptolemy/configs/gt/ptolemy/actor/gt/controller/ComplexTransformation.moml not found in /Users/cxh/ptII/ptII.jar
-- XML file not found relative to classpath.
-- /Users/cxh/ptII/ptolemy/actor/gt/controller/ComplexTransformation.moml
/Users/cxh/ptII/ptolemy/actor/gt/controller/ComplexTransformation.moml (No such file or directory) in jar:file:/Users/cxh/ptII/ptII.jar!/ptolemy/configs/gt/gtEffigyFactory.xml at line 10 and column 73
        at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser._createEntity(MoMLParser.java:3769)
        at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser.startElement(MoMLParser.java:2446)
        ... 50 more
Caused by: com.microstar.xml.XmlException: -- JAR entry ptolemy/configs/gt/ptolemy/actor/gt/controller/ComplexTransformation.moml not found in /Users/cxh/ptII/ptII.jar
-- XML file not found relative to classpath.
-- /Users/cxh/ptII/ptolemy/actor/gt/controller/ComplexTransformation.moml
/Users/cxh/ptII/ptolemy/actor/gt/controller/ComplexTransformation.moml (No such file or directory) in jar:file:/Users/cxh/ptII/ptII.jar!/ptolemy/configs/gt/gtEffigyFactory.xml at line 10 and column 73
        at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser.fileNameToURL(MoMLParser.java:1167)
        at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser._attemptToFindMoMLClass(MoMLParser.java:3571)
        at ptolemy.moml.MoMLParser._createEntity(MoMLParser.java:3764)

I'll take a look tomorrow.

You might try:
java -classpath ptII.jar ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication -ptiny
or
 java -classpath ptII.jar ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication -ptinyKepler
which avoid gt.

_Christopher

Tristan King wrote:
Hi all,
Is the "make jars" function up to date?
I'm trying to start vergil using just the ptII.jar produced, but it seems to be missing a lot of classes and configs (i get the error: ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: Cannot find class: ptolemy.actor.gt.TransformationRule when trying to run ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication, and on inspecting the jar it isn't there).

perhaps my assumption that the ptII.jar would contain everything is wrong? For some context, I'm trying to get the ptII actor-IO extentions i wrote working with an un-mavenified version of ptII. The same process i'm using to start vergil works for my mavenified jar, so i don't think that would be the problem.

Any in sight to the would be helpful,
cheers,
-Tristan

--