Your proposed solution is no different from using a delay
in this particular example.  So why would you want to do it?
However, if you allow stars to change each other's parameters in general,
you have opened up the possibility for nondeterminacy.  That is, the
behavior of your system will depend on arbitrary decisions that the
scheduler makes over which you have no control.

Edward Lee