Hi

> Ling QIN wrote:
> >
> > Hello, Wolfgang:
> >
> >      I try to compiler my own stars in ../src/pigiExample.
> > but faild. I got the following error messages:
> > g++: ../../obj.linux/pigilib/ptkRegisterCmds.o: No such
> file or directory

Wolfgang suggested the direct solutions, but I think you are trying the
more powerful approach 'correctly'.

Your problem may be that you followed the permission in the installation
notes
and deleted everything in the object trees. This is fine if you just want to
use Ptolemy directly. Unfortunately pigiExample uses just the one file from
the object tree: ptkRegisterCmds.o.

You must therefore rebuild at least the pigilib part of your object tree.
It is a standalone directory so you can probably just do something like

cd $PTOLEMY
source .aliases
mkdir obj.linux/pigilib
cd obj.linux/pigilib
mkl                             // Defined by .aliases
make install

NB. The above is a thoroughly untested suggestion, and I'm a Solaris not
Linus user.

Much slower but more reliable is to rebuild Ptolemy from scratch, and keep
the object files this time. They're handy for debugging anyway.

        Regards

                Ed Willink

E.D.Willink,                          Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Racal Research Ltd,                    or  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Worton Drive,                         Tel:   +44 118 923 8278 (direct)
Worton Grange Industrial Estate,       or    +44 118 986 8601 (ext 8278)
Reading,   RG2 0SB                    Fax:   +44 118 923 8399
ENGLAND                    http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/E.Willink

As the originator, I grant the addressee permission to divulge
this email and any files transmitted with it to relevant third parties.

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may
not be divulged to any third party without the express permission of
the originator.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Racal Research Ltd.