Am 20.05.16 um 15:44 schrieb Christoph Rüdiger:
> Hi Juergen,
>
> Am 20.05.16 um 13:50 schrieb Juergen Borleis:
>> Hi Christoph,
>>
>> On Friday 20 May 2016 12:28:46 Christoph Rüdiger wrote:
>>> I am trying to build my project manually in the ptxdist environment to
>>> start playing around with some diagnostics tools.
>>>
>>> First of all, the project compiles and links properly when building with
>>> ptxdist compile <target>.
>>>
>>> However, when I enter ptxdist bash and execute the make command from the
>>> logfile, including all the explicit environment variables, the linker
>>> fails to find libraries. strace shows, that it is only looking in the
>>> toolchain's sysroot, but not in the explicitly given sysroot-target (via
>>> SYSROOT env variable).
>>
>> Does it start the linker from the wrapper directory (e.g.
>> <platform>/sysroot-host/lib/wrapper/) or from the OSELAS.Toolchain directory
>> directly?
>
> How can I check this? The logfile does not show any cd, pushd, or
> similar commands. Ptxdist just starts make and sets the working dir with
> make's -C command line argument.

Too quick between two meetings. Forget about it. At the end of the
chain, make and cmake are calling the wrapper, as they are supposed to do.

After putting my headphones on and investigating a bit more, I found out
by accident, that you can just call the build command from the logfile's
compile stage in an arbitrary shell, except for the ptxdist bash itself.

That was something I never expected, so I wasted some hours with
thinking too complicated :-(

However, I don't know why it is not working when calling from the
ptxdist bash. Maybe someone here can explain that.

Hopefully, this post helps someone in the future.

Enjoy your weekend,
Christoph

--
rüdiger.engineering