Keith Alexander wrote:
On Tue, 12 May 2009 14:00:07 +0100, Kingsley Idehen <kide...@openlinksw.com> wrote:

Anyway, I think we have a nice starting point re. Music Data Space for getting so RDFizer collaboration going, hopefully, this will provide a best practices template (re. collaboration) to others across the LOD community :-)

Wherever lastfm.rdfize.com describes a resource with foaf:homepage property in the http://last.fm namespace, it owl:sameAses to uriburner's version.
Okay.

I was thinking, do/could you provide metadata about your different RDFizers (even though they all operate under the same webservice), perhaps using voiD ?
Nice idea!

You could do something like:

:UriBurner a voiD:Dataset ;
    void:subset :LastFmRDFizer ;
    foaf:homepage <http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/> .

:LastFMRDFizer void:uriRegexPattern "(http://.*last.fm/.*) | (http://.*lastfm.*/.*)" ; void:exampleResource <http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/rdf/http://www.last.fm/user/winningsperm/events> ; mvcb:generatorAgent <http://demo.openlinksw.com/DAV/VAD/rdf_mappers/xslt/lastfm2rdf.xsl> .

Yep!

Strange we completely overlooked this :-(
As you can see, feedback works !!

(I'm not sure the use of generatorAgent is right here - suggestions?)
maybe:
mvcb:mappingScript <http://demo.openlinksw.com/DAV/VAD/rdf_mappers/xslt/lastfm2rdf.xsl>

If such (meta)data were provided, it would be possible to have a service where I could paste in a web page url, and find out where I could get an RDFized version of the data in it.
Yep!

What do you and others think? It is already hard to know/remember/find all of what is available - Kingsley, you said, OpenLink alone has, was it 30? cartridges for rdfizing particular web sites ... And here we have at least 4 services RDFizing various parts of last.fm as linked data. It would be really nice if this stuff was not just findable and interlinked (with owl:sameAs etc) at the RDFized resource level, but also at the dataset level.

I think providing enough metadata to be usefully findable is especially important for 3rd party dynamically RDFized datasets. If I am a developer that wants some RDF of last.fm data, and I don't see it on last.fm, how can I know if there is any elsewhere?
Good Linked Data dog-food exercise :-)

Keith

--

Regards,