On Apr 20, 2007, at 1:13 PM, Mark Montgomery wrote:

I can see the potential for harm in attempting to zoom in too far on granularity in standardization efforts (understanding the appeal) and would therefore vote for prudent equilibrium between adaptability and fixed. A bit messier perhaps to purposely engineer on the side of caution, but so too are most institutions that experience wide adoption coming to my mind. .02- MM

This sounds like useful advise, but I wonder if you could expand this a bit so I can better understand what you are thinking.

Thanks,
Alan