Michel_Dumontier wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: public-semweb-lifesci-requ...@w3.org [mailto:public-semweb-
lifesci-requ...@w3.org] On Behalf Of Kei Cheung
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:52 PM
To: Matthias Samwald
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci
Subject: Re: DBpedia to OBO mapping: did someone already work on it?

Matthias,

In DBPedia, the following pages describe 2 brain regions
(Telencephalon
and Cerebrum):

http://dbpedia.org/resource/Telencephalon
http://dbpedia.org/page/Cerebrum

NIFSTD is listed as one of the neuroscience ontologies through
BioPortal, its description of cerebrum is available at:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/39595/p15:birnlex_1042

If you read the editorial note (written by Bill Bug), it says:

"It isn't clear all would agree Cerebrum and Telencephalon are
equivalent."

Should we use "sameAs" or something else?

If the two are not equivalent, then you need something else. See if any
of the SKOS: predicates fit:

 http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/

-=Michel=-

Thanks for the pointer, Michel. I will go through SKOS to see if there is anything that is appropriate for describing the relationship between Telecephalon and Cerebrum probably in consultation with neuroscientists.

-Kei