Oliver wrote:
 Some people involved in BioPAX think they are the same if and only
if they have the same sequence.

 I think more useful for Systems Biology is that they participate in
the same reactions with the same kinetics.

But that is a very personal opinion, right? Without doubt, when two classes of proteins have the same dispositions and functions (to use BFO - lingo), this is a very important thing to know. Nonetheless, if their structures are completely different, most biologists would describe them as distinct classes of proteins. The notion that any molecule or molecular complex should be called "Insulin" just because it has the same effect on regulating blood sugar seems quite avantgarde to me.

-- Matthias