Julian Reschke wrote:

Jonas Sicking wrote:
Disagreed. Please do not try to standardize HTTP APIs that profile what HTTP allows.

XHR already disallows a lot of things that HTTP allows. Setting certain headers, cross site requests, etc. Why is this different?

XHR should only disallow things when there's a good reason to do so, that is, when the fact that XHR requests can be invoked by client-side script in HTML pages affects the security picture.

I don't see what that would have to do with GET bodies.

Interoperability is IMHO a pretty good reason. I can't say I care super much, but I still don't see any value in allowing bodies with GET requests.

But I do think that the spec does need to say something. Staying silent and hoping that people won't depend on unspecified things is a tried and failed method.

/ Jonas