On 2007/12/18, at 12:43 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

Julian Reschke wrote:
Jonas Sicking wrote:
Disagreed. Please do not try to standardize HTTP APIs that profile what HTTP allows.

XHR already disallows a lot of things that HTTP allows. Setting certain headers, cross site requests, etc. Why is this different?
XHR should only disallow things when there's a good reason to do so, that is, when the fact that XHR requests can be invoked by client-side script in HTML pages affects the security picture.
I don't see what that would have to do with GET bodies.

Interoperability is IMHO a pretty good reason.

Yes, but not by profiling down the spec arbitrarily.

I can't say I care super much, but I still don't see any value in allowing bodies with GET requests.

The TAG and others have often talked about using GET on bodies. Not many people are doing it now (I have seen a few, under controlled conditions), but they very well may want to in the future.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       [EMAIL PROTECTED]