On Feb 4, 2009, at 02:20 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
Is there a reason to require any formats? In very few places we do
this. For example the HTML and CSS specs don't require support for
JPEG, GIF or PNG. Neither HTML or SVG require support for javascript.

Is there a reason for the widget spec to be different?

I guess it's not really about mandating that the widget user agent
support SVG, just that it look for SVG as a default start file.

My request actually covered both. But apparently you've now removed the requirement to support HTML, so maybe I can withdraw that part of my objection. I would prefer if HTML and SVG were both required because it makes widgets more useful when you know what you can rely on, but I can live with nothing specific being required.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/