Apparently the new charter [1] that forces everyone to re-join the WG also lists among its deliverables as WebStorage with the explanation that WebStorage is

"two APIs for client-side data storage in Web applications: a name-value pair system, and a database system with a SQL frontend"

Clearly, if the WD of WebStorage has in its abstract something more general, the charter should not be so specific.

I now understand that this new piece of text made its way into the charter recently. The last message I can see about charter change for WebApps [1] only talks about adding WebWorkers. Apparently other changes were also made, but no diff provided to members about the charter change proposal.

Can you throw some light on this?

Nikunj

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/webapps-charter