On Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:46 AM, Martin Thomson wrote
> If the push message is being used to deliver a call notification, that sort
> of delay will definitely be noticed.  And I'm assuming that you've tested on
> a high end Nexus or something like that.  Add the latencies involved in
> waking an idle device and that turns into a very long post-dial delay.
> People abandon calls for that sort of delay.
>
> Not saying that you are doing it wrong or anything, but just trying to set
> the right expectations.

The RTC scenario is listed explicitly as one of the use cases in the Push API
wiki [1].  I expect there is enough interest in the group.  Should we allocate
some cycles in TPAC to figure out details of the E2E flow?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Push_API