On 11/7/14 10:28 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
During WebApps' October 27 meeting, the participants agreed to stop work on the UI Events spec and to publish it as a WG Note (see [Mins]). As such, this is a formal Call for Consensus (CfC) to:

a) Stop work on this spec

b) Publish a "gutted" WG Note of the spec; see [Draft-Note]

c) Gut the ED (this will be done if/when this CfC passes)

d) Prefix the spec's [Bugs] with "HISTORICAL" and turn off creating new bugs

e) Travis will move all bugs that are relevant to D3E to the D3E bug component

Although there appears to be agreement that work on the [uievents] spec should stop, the various replies raise sufficient questions that I consider this CfC (as written) as failed.

Travis, Gary - would you please make a specific proposal for these two specs? In particular, what is the title and shortname for each document, and which spec/shortname becomes the WG Note?

After we have agreed on a way forward, I'll start a new CfC.

(I believe the Principle of Least Surprise here means considering specs that currently reference [uievents] or [DOM-Level-3-Events]. F.ex., I suppose a document titled "UI Events" with a shortname of DOM-Level-3-Events could be a bit confusing to some, although strictly speaking could be done.)

-Thanks, AB

[uievents] http://www.w3.org/TR/uievents/
[DOM-Level-3-Events] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/

[Mins] http://www.w3.org/2014/10/27-webapps-minutes.html#item05