I didn't top-post, I replied to my original note. I'm only subscribed to
digests.

IQ notifications are spec'd to only work for present subscribers, which
doesn't help me. It'd be great if they would work for offline subscribers.

As for getting involved, how else would I begin to do that but by asking
questions? Besides, I just suggested the outlines of a solution. (Which
might well be redundant with written XEPs.)