Le 05/07/2012 19:00, Daniel Pittman a écrit :

That would ... probably not show a lot of short-term performance gain
for you.  The static compiler,

We tested (and proposed some fixes (pull request #769)) and that looks interesting but static compiler as some bad side effect which are removing some nice aspect of Puppet.

We like that Puppet, through fileserver, can filter file access based on the certificate information. We use it to strictly prevent client to access files they should not. With static compiler, puppet agent is now accessing file through the filebucket which does not have such separation. Any client can access all files in the filebucket we cannot filter this. It could be nice if static compiler can insert file metadata checksum the catalog as it already does to reduce agent/master traffic but still keep a file source that agent can use to retrieve file from the fileserver when needed.

Aurélien