On Jul 5, 2012, at 2:20 PM, Brice Figureau wrote:

>> Absolutely agree.  Andy and team are working hard on exactly this.
>
> That's really good. I'm going to try to profile one of my largest node
> agent (in noop mode) to see what it gives. This might point to some part
> of the code that we could optimize (ie low hanging fruits).

Let us know what you come up with. We are still going over your patches. Even
though they are small changes, we are trying to use what they show to inform
structural changes that should address many of the same concerns and leave the
overall code in a better state.  For instance, the commit that creates a cache
of not found types
(https://github.com/masterzen/puppet/commit/6a4a208796839a2a02517bd0841b9e99164b2a22)
 seems to be there to limit stat calls when scanning for files and directories.
By moving a couple of things around I think we can cache those calls instead of
needing to keep the cache of not found types. We'll keep you posted on what we
come up with.